Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) have a critical role in enhancing the learning process at all levels and across a broad range of activities in each of the National Curriculum subject areas. Through the use of ICTs in the curriculum, we are helping students become knowledgeable about the nature of information, comfortable with the technology and able to exploit its potential. Our vision is to use ICT whenever its speed, power, graphics or interactive potential can enhance and extend the quality of work being undertaken by students. It will be used to develop logical thinking, problem solving and control techniques and also to give confidence and the capability to use ICTs in later life.
Our main goal is equipping and empowering students, rather than merely transferring knowledge - guiding students in learning to learn. We believe students are eager to learn and with guidance they will seek out and discover knowledge on their own.
In the BYOD iPad Program, we aim to establish an environment and a relationship with students where they can feel safe, comfortable and are able to be encouraged to push themselves to the best of their abilities in all learning areas.
The Ormeau State School BYOD iPad Program:
Enables personalisation of student learning through access to rich learning resources;
- Best facilitates the development of knowledge and skills necessary for the 21st century workforce, including digital-age literacy, innovative and creative thinking, effective communication and high productivity;
- Allows continuous access to educational materials allowing learning efficiency to happen anywhere, anytime;
- Provides an engaging, interactive environment for learning;
- Strengthens links between home and school, giving parents the opportunity to see everyday what their child is learning at school and have relevant, timely, accurate and quality conversations regarding student learning and progress;
- Allows students the opportunity to display prior knowledge of topics and thus be co-constructive in their own learning journey.