At Ormeau State School, we teach, assess and report on the Australian Curriculum from Prep to Year 6.
The Australian Curriculum is designed to help all young Australians become:
- successful learners
- confident and creative individuals
- active and informed citizens.
It sets out the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for life and work in the 21st century. The Australian Curriculum establishes common standards and high expectations of achievement, across the nation.
The eight Key Learning Areas are:
- Health and Physical Education,
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- The Arts
Through effective implementation of the Australian Curriculum, we at Ormeau State School:
- provide students with the required curriculum
- assess, monitor and capture student achievement
- set high expectations for each student and respond effectively to their current levels of achievement and differing rates of learning
- prepare students to exit schooling with the foundation for successful lifelong learning and participation in the community
- keep parents and students informed of the student's achievement throughout their schooling.