Ormeau has an active Parents' and Citizens' Association.
The objectives of the Association are to promote the interests of, and facilitate the development and further improvement of the School (Ormeau State School), for example, by promoting parent participation and encouraging collaboration between parents, students, school communities and nongovernment entities to foster a commitment to achieving the best educational outcomes for children and young people.
In pursuit of the Association's objectives, the functions of the Association are to:
- foster community interest in educational matters
- try to bring about closer co-operation between the parents of children attending the School and other members of the community, staff members of the School and students of the School
- if asked by the principal, give advice and recommendations about:
- issues relating to persons who receive educational instruction at the School
- the general operations and management of the School
- give, or assist in the giving of, financial or other resources or services for the benefit of persons who receive educational instruction at the School
- perform any other functions, not inconsistent with the Act, as the Minister may decide.
P&Cs Qld's parent Talk publication
Click through to view our most recent editions of Parent Talk - https://pandcsqld.com.au/members/publications/parent-talk/
Our current P & C Executive team
PRESIDENT Dave MCKELLAR e: firstname.lastname@example.org
VICE PRESIDENT Jan GORE
VICE PRESIDENT Hamish BROWN
SECRETARY Shannon FRANZWAY
TREASURER Kelly PARSONS
We look forward to a wonderful year and welcome everyone to our general meetings every month (2nd Monday at 4pm) at Ormeau State School.